Monday, October 22, 2012

The loyal camel

I have heard it told that camels, although rather temperamental creatures (spitting, jumping, etc.), are in reality quite loyal to their masters. They will allow their master to place a load of burdens on their back and walk with them for miles and miles. At the end of the day, the camel will kneel down and then allow the master to unload the burdens for the night. The master will then inspect the camel for worn, red or swollen spots so he can adjust the load the next day so as to not harm the camel so it can continue the journey, pack in tow.

The analogy and challenge issued with this little tale, is to kneel down at night and allow God to take my burdens of the day, for the night. Trusting that in the morning, I will be ready to take them again and continue my journey. Trusting that He will adjust the load in a way I can manage and handle. No need to carry the burdens alone. No need to let them drag you down or wear you out. Loyal to the master and allowing Him to take care of me when He gives me a few loads to carry each day, walking with Him each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment