Friday, February 12, 2010

God, please help Me, help me

Observation 1) God to you: take care of... (fill in the blank) = added ability to do that thing you were asked to do.
Observation 2) God to you: take care of yourself = less added ability until you've had a chance to mess it up big time & learned a lesson.

Conclusion: 1) God wants you to succeed when helping others. 2) God wants you to progress when helping yourself.

Solution: Happiness really does come from helping others.

OR I spend way too much time asking God for help when it comes to helping others and not enough time asking for help when it comes to me.

I don't know if this is right or not. I spend a lot of time cycling through observation 2. Bleh.

It's so hard to see the forest for the trees. I need to hire a helicopter or learn how to fly. Oh, now I see. Yes, yes I do. Someday I may tell you too.

Really, when it all boils down to it, its all the same - its in the doing that is the hard thing & that's when the learning happens. Darn it.

OK, OK, you twisted my arm, I'll tell you. Let's say I'm praying about someone (not me) & God reveals to me, "they need to hear someone (YOU) tell them..." So I think about how hard it will be to tell them ... but I know I must because I know God has revealed it. (if this has never happened to you then try asking. All I know is its what I got when I began asking exactly how can I better follow the Holy Ghost and help those around me) Any way. I do what I know I should do, even though it was hard and I feel great. I wonder if they will do what they are supposed to do, but that is not my concern. At that point, I have done what I was supposed to do & now it is in their court to act on or not. = success for me. Now let's say I am praying about me & what I need. God reaveals to me "do..." Well, ... is hard, not only is it hard, it seems impossible and when I've tried ... I have not done so well at it. Why why why is it so hard to DO something for me I know I should do? Well, I have gained empathy for why others don't DO what they should do... Silver lining = I AM learning, even if I'm still working on the DOING.

"Do it" President Spencer W. Kimball
So much said in so few words.

So ask yourself - what is it God wants you to DO, for you? for others?

One time my mom told me this is a gospel of action. There's no sitting on the sidelines. Once again, she was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment